Part-time Audit Returnship Associate
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Required time commitment: Part-time, flexible hours (option to take Summer off)
1-2 positions available
Have you been looking for a way to get back into the workforce but don’t know where to start? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule that works with your family’s schedule? Come apply to our new Audit Returnship! At Larson & Company, we provide opportunities for working parents to do what they love, return to the workforce, advance in their careers, and still have a chance to be fully engaged with their family. This new return-to-work position provides the experience, training, and mentoring that will enable you to succeed in your transition back into the workforce after an extended absence. We are looking for individuals who are ready to apply highly effective organizational skills and accounting acumen to provide excellent services to our clients.
Larson & Company is a nationally ranked firm for insurance specialization and one of the largest local firms in the State of Utah. Returnship Associates will participate as key members of the audit team and will gain critical experience and a full understanding of the audit-cycle. Year after year, we provide a family friendly public accounting workplace which is why many of our team members have remained with the company for a long time. Here’s what a few current Larson employees say about Larson & Company:
“I’ve been at Larson for over 25 years. I appreciate how at Larson I feel that each individual is viewed and treated not as a number, or just an employee, but a unique person with their own individual strengths that they contribute to the team. Each individual’s contributions create the success of Larson; together we are greater than we could each be individually.” (M. Hayes, Audit Partner)
“Larson cares about me both as an individual and a professional. They encourage and support my goals both professionally at work as well as personal goals when I’m not at work. Larson not only talks about work-life balance but exemplifies it. It is not uncommon for a partner to leave early for a child’s birthday party or for a staff to work a few extra hours early in the week so they can take off Friday to go skiing. The firm really trusts us to be professionals and treats us that way.” (A. Johnson, Audit Manager)
- Working part-time (20-30 hours a week depending on your availability) in our Salt Lake City, Utah office, your home, and/or at our client offices depending on team needs.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from clients in both Salt Lake and Utah counties
- Completing audit assignments for a diverse array of clients, thus giving you a well-rounded auditing experience
- Being forward thinking, positive, and industrious
- Prepare full disclosure financial statements
- Communicates effectively with clients in gathering audit evidence independently
- Participating in our “Expectation Agreement” personal evaluation program
- Personal initiative, both in the way you work and in the way you interact with people
- Effectively track and fulfill responsibilities given for multiple clients
- Ability to work independently with appropriate coaching and oversight from seniors and managers
- Adaptability and follow-through during change
- The ability to recognize and then satisfy audit needs
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with staff and clients
- Have a Bachelors in Accounting degree
- Microsoft Office proficiency (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Clear understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Successful candidates will receive a competitive wage commensurate with their experience
- Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Kari Elison at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Kari Elison at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 313-1900.